Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day eight in London

Today was pretty cool. Jeff and I met up with his friend Mike in Bicster and we went to Oxford for day.

We ate at a Lebanese restaurant which was an interesting experience. I'm still not sure if I liked it or not because some of the spices they used I have never tasted before. It was really strange.

I’m so exhausted from being out for nine hours so I apologize for not going into more detail. Some of the pictures I took were kind of crappy and most are still cut off because of the kind of blog I'm posing on, and also because I was trying to keep up with Jeff and Mike, but here they are:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Downtown Oxford.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another shot of downtwon Oxford.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Outside one of the museums we went to in Oxford.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Digital camera circa 1800s.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blackboard used by Einstein when he visited Oxford.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Early surgical and amputation tools. Yikes.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Graduation day at Oxford.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another shot of the university.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Courtyard area.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One of the entrances to the courtyard are of the church.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not sure what this is. Looks cool though.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Something else that looked cool.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not sure what this was but it was huge.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Shot of another Oxford building.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The university church.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The church tower.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Inside the church.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That window was massive.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think it might be a building for dorms or a fraternity.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another massive building,


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is where they filmed the Great Hall scenes in the Harry Potter movies.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Right in front of the gates.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Walkway leading to Christ Church.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Christ Church. We couldn't go inside because it was closed for the day but we're going back soon.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Path leading to the river.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Very pretty.


That's all I have for now. I think next week we're going back to Christ Church to get pictures of the inside, then to Warwick Castle and then maybe the town of Bath. More pictures to come.

Bye for now. I miss you all.

<3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Mike. I do hope you enjoyed yourself today. I'm tired too. The heat here is incredible, so everyone is dragging their butt. The Publix near Neil's has a Carrabas Express in it, so we tried it tonite. Pretty cool. I have never had Lebanese food. You will never forget all the new things you are seeing and doing on this trip. Take good care of yourself. Talk to you soon. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello Michael,

It's always nice to hear from you. Your pictures are wonderful. I have the Abbey Road sign on the brick building as my desktop. I think you are still on home time. Try to ease into new adventures. Life is a journey and a big game of sorts. Make the best of your stay in London. These experiences you are having is normal behavour for being away from home. Say hello to Jeff for us and we hope you enjoy some great experiences together.

Love,
Dad

susan said...

I'm jealous! How come you haven't been to a pub yet? Love Aunt Susan