Well, I have to make this blog brief because it's almost 3:00 in the morning and I have a class at 11:00 tomorrow.
I was really pissed off this morning because they decided to do a surprise fire drill at 7:30 in the morning. The thing is, the alarm was so quiet and it was downstairs, not in our individual rooms so me and Jeff were sleeping through it. Our other room mate threw open our door and let us know what was going on, so me being in a daze grabbed some clothes and went outside in the 50 degree morning weather just so our RA's could do a head count. I really hated life at that moment.
I had my History of Art I class at 11:00 and it was alright I suppose. My teacher seems a bit unorganized and she lectures off the top of her head. I'm not going to enjoy it very much because I have to memorize a ton of specific facts about paintings.
At 4:30 I had my Global Environmental Issues class and it was awesome. I was really becoming interested in the subject, and my teacher is just a really laid back British guy and he's like "Well, I'm just going to get through this as quick and painless as possible, because I can see you all care soooo much about this subject." No in class assignments, no homework, no textbook to buy, and all I'm graded on are the midterm and final. Awesome.
Later that night me, Jeff had a tour of Camden and Picadilly Circus with one of his new friends. I finally got to eat my first real meal since I got here, and it was the authentic fish and chips I had been craving for so long. I normally don't eat fish, but this fish was amazing, and they served it on a bed of snowpeas and green beans. It was definitely a satisfying meal that I will have to order more often when I get home.
We went to Picadilly Circus and I swear it looked almost identical to Times Square in NYC. It was just a bit too overwhelming for me though. See, I like big cities and all, but I've been preconditioned by the Metropolitan Police that going through Camden I'm likely to be pick pocketed, and tonight there were just way too many people walking around and I was holding onto by bag for dear life.
I almost got hit by a bus too which really upset me, because I'm trying my hardest to keep up with everyone and I kept falling farther and farther behind. The subway was even worse. You will not find air conditioning anywhere in the entire continent of Europe, and this includes the subways as well, especially the one I was in where I literally had three Japanese tourists' armpits touching my face while sweating to death. I don't mind being in big crowds of people sometimes, but tonight I was having mild panic attacks and freaking out from the total sensory overload.
The night wasn’t a total meltdown for me though. I saw a lot of really cool shops and incredibly diverse groups of people. The best part of the night was finally breaking through the endless chaos and stepping out on this one bridge and seeing the entire city of London while a street musician played Aria on a classical guitar. The view was breathtaking and it really made me wish I had someone special to share the view with. I’m going back there again another night to take pictures.
Well, this blog wasn’t as brief as I promised and it’s way past my bedtime now. I’ll be updating tomorrow as usual. Bye for now, I miss you all.
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Mikey, It sounds like you had an interesting time last night. I'm sure you'll have lots of stories to tell. Did you get the message in your comments from Andy? You should give him a call.
I want to congratulate you for finishing traffic school. You got your certificate of completion today. I'll send it in to the Clerk of Courts. Kind of makes me proud. Hope you're getting more acclamated to your surroundings. Don't worry about the money, you have plenty. Enjoy yourself!. Miss you lots. Love, Mom
Post a Comment