Sunday, July 8, 2007

Day two in London

Ok, so it's my second day in London.

I got to out apartment, or flat as they call them here, and I was pretty shocked at how incredibly small everything is. Me and Jeff share a room about half the size of my bedroom at home, and the same goes for the bathrooms. We also have to share with three other people who we have yet to meet.

It's been really difficult both yesterday and today. I miss home so much, I miss my family, I miss my cats, I miss my friends, and I miss Caroline to death. Severe culture shock has set in.

My $130 dollar CHI hair straightener blew out yesterday because apparently the adapters and converters we bought don't work, which just makes my adjustment period even more stressful because now I have to go buy some junky piece of shit. I look and feel like hell and I hope it all changes for the better soon.

I have to set up wireless internet in my flat with they told me takes two to three business days to get up and running and that has been making life a little more irritating because I am used to being in such close contact with everyone, and that is no longer the case at this moment.
I feel so jetlagged and I've been sleeping all day. My room is depressingly quiet and way too small. I've been walking around the city for a little while taking pictures which has been cheering me up slightly, only slightly.

I have a cell phone that I'm still trying to get up and running so that anyone in the United States can call me for free. I think once I get my internet and phone working I probably won't be hating it here so much. I'll be sure to give you guys my number once I get it going.
I guess I'm going to go now, I'm on a school computer and the bulding closes in a half hour.

I miss you all, and I will post my cell number as soon as I can.

<3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I beleive the password for your phone is flower3811. If you need to contact Piccell wireless, reference my email which is also my username at jerryg3811@hotmail.com. You should have their phone number in your folder. I sure hope you get to like it over there. It's very tough the first few days because everything is so confusing. I'm sure you'll figure it all out eventually. Love and miss you, Mom

metrohh said...

It's not a password though, it's a 4 digit PIN number. 3811 didn't work when I tried it so now I only have one chance left to get it right. I'll try to call Picell today but if at all possible, can you call them too and see if you can get the PIN number?