Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day four in London

Well, last night was rough for me again. I had another brief bout of depression hit me like a freight train right before I was about to fall asleep. I called my mom and I swear every time I do I get choked up. I layed in bed awake for about three hours before I finally passed out, just thinking about everyone I miss.

I woke up today and went to class for my first day. I'm taking Organizational Behavior on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 AM to 1:15 PM which was incredibly boring but a total breeze because my teacher let us out around noonish.

There's this British kid in my class that I already dislike only because he is probably the most arrogant person I've ever heard in my life, and he spent most of his time arguing with my teacher an different points in the lecture. He kept bragging about how he was a sports agent and blah, blah, blah. It was really lame.

I'm starting to realize that coping with being so far away from home means winning small victories along the way. Yesterday it was getting my cell phone activated, today it was buying a new super high quality hair straightener for only 25 pounds (that's about 45 or 50 dollars American). It's getting slightly easier, for now at least. I'm still trying to get my wireless internet set up in my room and I'm just way too impatient and it's frustrating me.

Me and Jeff went and bought groceries today which consisted of bread, fish sticks, and like ten cans of canned ravioli and Spaghetti O's. I'm kind of concerned about the kind of diet I'm going to have while I'm here so I'm trying to at least get one good meal in per day.

Oh! Yesterday me and Jeff walked for about five hours seeing a ton of really cool stuff like Abbey Road, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, to name a few. I have the pictures right here, it just kind of sucks that a lot of them are cut off because they're too big for the blog. If you want any of the pictures that aren't cut off let me know:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And you think gas is expensive in the United States?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Random church on the way to Abbey road.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Statue outside that same church.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Abbey road! (For dad)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The famous Abbey road crosswalk. (For dad)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me crossing Abbey road. (For dad)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I walked out of the Westminster subway and I literally found this right behind me.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Huge.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One of the best shots I got of it.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The houses of Parlament.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another shot of the houses of Parlament.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Winston Churchill. Big pimpin'.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sign for the world's most famous church.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Westminster Abbey. Freaking huge.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dang.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Memorial outside the Westminster school.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The same memorial.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Westimster school.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A garden in the park near Buckingham Palace.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fountain in the park near Buckingham Palace.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Princess Diana Memorial walkway.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yep, it really is that way.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One of the many golden gates outside Buckingham Palace.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Queen's royal garden.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Queen's crib. Buckingham Palace.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Buckingham Palace and the 45,000 pound solid gold statue for Queen Victoria.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Too bad that can't fit in my carry on for my flight home.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See that guard? Those are the only guards in the entire country that are licensed to carry firearms. Yes, that's an UZI and yes he will shoot you if you act a fool.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kind of looks like the location in the first Mortal Kombat movie where Johnny Cage has that showdown with Scorpion. Yeah...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Burial site for Frederick the Duke of York.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I bet he was a cool guy.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Super sweet building. I don't know what it's for though.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Canadian hangout.




Those are all the pictures I have so far. I'm eventually going to get my video camera up and running so I'll be able to upload some videos.

I have to go now and figure out my wireless internet. Bye for now, I miss you all.

<3

6 comments:

Emmasensei said...

Nice pics yo, I see to have only taken pics of the Burberry flagship and my friends barfing while I was in London.

metrohh said...

haha, sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Mike, see if you can change the pictures on your blog to landscape instead of portrait. Don't ask me how.

Unknown said...

Michael, thanks for the pictures of Abbey road. The Beatles named their final 1969 album, Abbey Road, after the street where the studio is located (the recording studio would only be named Abbey Road).
Abbey Road is the eleventh official album recorded by The Beatles. Although its release preceded that of the song "Let It Be", it was the last album to be recorded. It was released on September 26, 1969 in the United Kingdom and October 1, 1969 in the United States. It was produced and orchestrated by George Martin for Apple Records. Geoff Emerick was the engineer and Tony Banks, tape operator. It is regarded as one of The Beatles' most tightly constructed albums, somewhat ironically, as the band was barely operating as a functioning unit by this time.

Dad

Andy said...

Hey Mike! Yer sis pointed me in your direction... cool blog.

Have you been to St. Paul's Cathedral or the Tate Modern yet?

They are right next to each other, kinda... well, they face each other across the Thames and there is a bridge.

Anyway, I'm going to the TM on Sunday to see the Dali exhibition, so if you wanna come along, that would be cool! Hit me up if you wanna join us.

Tel: 07811759711, Email: andrew.pope *AT* gmail

Good luck in London!
Andy

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=replay music 3.30 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you use the black methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg